By now, most people understand that the majority of sunscreens on the market contain toxic ingredients that are best avoided. We also know that the skin needs moderate exposure to the sun in order to make adequate vitamin D, which is vital to hormone, immune and bone health.
But what about the days when you plan to be outdoors until the sun sets, like the 4th of July?
So, here’s some practical tips to protect your skin:
- Take in adequate dietary fats. Follow a traditional Weston A. Price diet full of raw dairy products, animal fats like butter and coconut oil.
- Include a daily dose of cod liver oil in the winter months.
- Gradually, expose yourself to the sun each day. This allows a nice tan to emerge.
- For the days you will be out for extended hours, please see Our Favorites List for sunscreen recommendations or use our homemade sunscreen recipe for a DIY alternative.
- If you have questions about the best supplemental fats and oils for you and your family, set up a complimentary 10-minute consult. Call us at 858.259.6000.
Enjoy the sun in a safe way and have a happy 4th of July!
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, there is no additional charge to you, but Biodynamic Wellness does receive a small commission from the company. This helps us to cover the basic costs for this website and allows us to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!