Be sure to purchase raw, organic nuts and then soak and dehydrate them before eating to remove the natural plant toxins and to release all of the healthy nutrients that nuts provide. Those natural plant toxins are necessary to protect the nut or seed until Spring but when ingested act as enzyme inhibitors that can affect one’s digestion. This will be apparent to you by tasting a raw walnut which is bitter versus a soaked and dried walnut which tastes sweet. Here is a recipe to get you started:
- 6 cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons Celtic sea salt for soaking
- organic garlic powder (or any seasoning you like)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt to sprinkle on nuts
- spring or purified water
- Cover almonds with water and mix in salt.
- Soak for eight hours and then drain and rinse. Pat nuts dry.
- Preheat oven to 145° F. Spread out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and sea salt. Place in oven.
- Let dry in oven for 12 hours. Keeping the temperature low preserves the enzymes and other nutrients in the nuts.
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, there is no additional charge to you, but Biodynamic Wellness does receive a small commission from the company. This helps us to cover the basic costs for this website and allows us to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!