This valuable hydrotherapy treatment can be applied to any area of the body. The description below is for acute or chronic sinusitis and is an essential component to successful treatment. This treatment may be used for headaches, earaches, etc.
Alternative to using face cloths or towels, the alternating hot/cold can be done in the shower.
Materials needed for application to the sinuses, outer ear, head, etc.:
- Soak one face cloth in hot water. Be sure to wring it out so the water is not dripping. Then, place the face cloth over your nose and eyes and leave for 3 minutes.
- Have the second face cloth soaking in cold water. Be sure to wring it out. Then, place it over the same area for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this alternating technique 2 more times. Three times in all – 3 minutes hot, 30 seconds cold.
The entire procedure will take 10 minutes and 30 seconds once you have everything organized.
- For severe and acute problems, morning and evening.
- For less severe and maintenance, once a day.
- It is usually very helpful to follow this procedure with the nasal lavage procedure.
This information is not to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Consult your own doctors or other qualified health professional regarding the treatment of your medical problems. Those taking prescription medications should consult with their physicians and not take themselves off of medicines to start supplementation without the proper supervision of a physician familiar with nutritional supplementation.
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, there is no additional charge to you, but Biodynamic Wellness does receive a small commission from the company. This helps us to cover the basic costs for this website and allows us to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!