Welcome to part 1 of our Lifestyle Considerations Series! To help you improve your overall health, we’ll offer some specific changes you can make to your daily habits, your home and all of your cleaning and personal care products. Please know that these recommendations should be taken on slowly so as not to be too overwhelming.
Here’s the easiest way begin implementing these changes:
- Commit to 2 changes per month. Once you’ve made it through the whole month and established 2 new habits, move on to the next two.
- Replace your current products as they run out. Don’t feel the need to throw out and replace your whole cleaning or makeup supply. Once your window cleaner runs out, replace it with one from our recommended brand list. Once your shampoo runs out, make sure you replace it with one without the “avoid” ingredients and/or from our preferred brand list.
Here are our recommendations for daily habits to help support a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat in a relaxed environment. Do not watch TV while eating.
- Chew each bite 30 times. If dealing with cancer, chew each bite 50-100 times.
- Name your blessings every day. Some find it beneficial to write them down and create a gratitude journal.
- Sing joyful praise songs each day.
- Take a walk outdoors for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Do deep breathing exercises twice a day. This article explains the benefits of deep breathing.
- Get 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night. Go to bed by 9pm, 10pm at the latest. Here’s an article about cortisol and the importance of sleep, another explaining why melatonin is not the best option and another article with practical tips on what you can do if you’re struggling with sleep.
To read our lifestyle considerations for your household items, click here, and to read our lifestyle considerations for your personal items, click here.
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, there is no additional charge to you, but Biodynamic Wellness does receive a small commission from the company. This helps us to cover the basic costs for this website and allows us to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!