First, know that you’re not alone if you’re struggling! The tips below are compiled from a wide range of experiences and resources because there are so many women that need support in this arena.
Secondly, the advice we’ve included here is not designed to simply increase milk volume (like fenugreek does), but to improve the nutrient density of the milk you’re producing, support your hormonal signals to better balance your milk production with what your baby needs, and overall optimize the nursing experience for both you and baby.
We wish you the best!
A nutrient-dense diet is the foundation for pregnant and nursing mothers! Here is the specific protocol we recommend following. Additionally, we recommend you include the following into your daily regiment:
- Drink 16 ounces of bone broth daily.
- Drinking Oatstraw Tea regularly can be very helpful.
- Eat oatmeal or buckwheat gruel throughout the day. (See recipe below.)
During this unique season of life, we recommend supplementing your diet with the following protocol. (Contact our office to order.)
- Mammary PMG: Take 2 tablets two to three times daily. It’s best chewed away from food by 20 minutes or more, upon rising and before bed.
- Pituitrophin PMG: Take 2 tablets twice daily. It’s best chewed away from food by 20 minutes or more, upon rising and before bed.
- Blue Ice Royal: Take 1 teaspoon or 6 capsules twice daily. Or take 3 perles of Standard Process Cod Liver Oil twice daily.
- Chaste Tree: Take 1 twice daily.
- Fen-Gre: Take 3 twice daily with meals. Or take 5ml of Nettle Leaf once daily.
For some additional reading resources, the following books are our favorites:
- Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two and Baby’s First Foods by: Nina Planck
- The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care by: Sally Fallon Morell
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother by: Heng Ou
- To increase your milk supply and for a yummy, nutrient-dense treat, enjoy these Lactation Cookies.
- Mastitis or blocked ducts are painful! To support this form of inflammation, try these natural remedies.
- Are you experiencing any kind of nipple discomfort? Try this Homemade Nursing Balm or this Sore Nipple Remedy.
- Are you struggling with breastfeeding?
- These tips on how you can experience success with breastfeeding may be beneficial. It includes nutrition advice, a discussion about myths and truths about breastfeeding and some successful alternatives when breastfeeding may not be the best idea.
- These videos will provide you with instant support and specific suggestions.
Oatmeal or Buckwheat Gruel Recipe
- 1 cup oats or buckwheat groats
- 1 cup purified warm water plus 2 tablespoons neutralizer such as homemade whey, yogurt, kefir or buttermilk. (Raw apple cider vinegar may be used for those with dairy allergy.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup purified water
- Mix oats and 1 cup purified warm water and 2 tablespoons of neutralizer. Allow to soak for 24 hours.
- Bring 3 cups of purified water and Celtic sea salt to a boil and add soaked oats or buckwheat groats.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve with plenty of butter or ghee, small amount of raw honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, crispy nuts and/or berries.
- Breast milk is 60% pure cholesterol. Be generous with the butter!
This information is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Readers are advised to consult their own doctors or other qualified health professional regarding the treatment of their medical problems. Those taking prescription medications should consult with their physicians and not take themselves off of medicines to start supplementation without the proper supervision of a physician familiar with nutritional supplementation.
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, there is no additional charge to you, but Biodynamic Wellness does receive a small commission from the company. This helps us to cover the basic costs for this website and allows us to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!